Behind the Scenes *masterpost*
Just in case you wanted to read the whole thing in chronological order. Obviously, it hasn’t been written in order, so hear and there details will slip (and there’s an egregious mistake in Chapter Four, where I have Amy realising about the text message screw-up much later than she did in canon… but I think it still rings true emotionally). Sometimes the stories overlap in time, but I’ve tried to stick with what I think is the most sensible reading order. I will try to keep this updated with new chapters, as and when I write them.
1. Chapter Nine: Three Dates
2. Chapter Two: Thinking of You
3. Chapter Seventeen: All Grown Up
4. Chapter Twenty-Two: Belle of the Ball
5. Chapter Six: Listening is Gold
6. Chapter One: Baby-Daddy
7. Chapter Five: While You Were Sleeping
8. Chapter Thirteen: The Wrong Remedy
9. Chapter Twenty-Six: Clothes Maketh the Man
10. NEW Chapter Seven: Little Black Dress
11. Chapter Fourteen: Set Fire to My Tie
12. Chapter Ten: Comrades in Arms
13. Chapter Twenty Four: Accept No Substitutes
14. Chapter Eight: Amish Prom
15. Chapter Twenty-Three: Too Tired to Lie
16. Chapter Eleven: Nightcap?
17. Chapter Three: Three Times (though technically, this is a “What If?” and so doesn’t fall within the timeline)
18. Chapter Twenty: Ignorance is Bliss
19. Chapter Twelve: Love’s Opposite
20. Chapter Four: The Girl Who Came in From the Cold
21. Chapter Fifteen: And Then There Was One
22. Chapter Twenty-Five: The New Normal
23. Chapter Sixteen: What Doesn’t Kill You
24. Chapter Eighteen: The Appetite Alters
25. Chapter Twenty-One: Out of Her Shell
26. Chapter Nineteen: Where We Stop Nobody Knows
A new Behind the Scenes (albeit, a slightly weird one). I’m not totally sure this fits with canon (though it doesn’t break it).
It may help to have read my endless Veep Style posts to make complete sense of what’s going on here.
Clothes Maketh the Man:
Post-Helsinki, pre-Catherine’s birthday party – the Veep crew do a Secret Santa.